Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus Go....








SLP took us on a field trip as they do every third Thursday... anything cheap and almost free will do!



My Cassiopeia class pink ladies, Joo Young, Seo Yeon & Da yeon (L to R)

We got to ride big buses all together and Cassiopeia class was once again donning their hot pink name tags (I love that pink continues to make itself known in my life after all these years of being opposed to it- and no, it wasn't my selection). Da Yeon gave me her little pink visor and it sealed the deal, we were off and the air conditioning finally kicked in.

As per usual, there was a fight over who got to sit with you so I just let the bus' motion throw me around in the aisle much to the children's delight. Je hee, my most troublesome little one whom I love (yes she's my temper tantrum favorite, a spoiled princess to be sure) got to get her hands on my iPod and I quickly set an age appropriate play list. We sang a little Bob Marley and Kate Nash. She bobbed her head to and fro. So kyuptah (cute), I love her!

This month was the National Museum of Korea where all us teachers got to say "Don't Touch" about 30million times. I somehow managed to accidently find the cool rooms with sexually provocative and suggestive art as well as some Warhols (these are famous, "What 'famous' mean teacher?")... and although I would have loved to stop and postulate, I had wee little ones who have yet to learn those things in any language.

Post-modern German photographs with nude women in black vinyl thigh boots was an awesome challenge to get the
kids to miss.


















And they did because I found robots instead. So caught up with the cool, literally not scorching hot rooms that we neglected to make lunch on time but we ate with our picnic mat just as quickly as we could and overall had a blast.



They each brought me extra gimbaps and fruit, I had lunch x7 and it was awesome.




Getting them to not eat their candy proved to be a chore... "Save for later, at go home time."

I love my kids but they are exhausting!

2 comments:

DigiDave said...

OMG - I didn't even know you left LA!!!!!

Come back to the bay area!!!!

Colby D said...

I love the robot picture so much