Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Little Spring In My Step

The blossoms are budding and dandelion bubbly wisps are floating on greener air. Night and day, Seoul certainly is during one or the other.
The seasons have only played a roll on film for me during my life and to taste the spring as it comes out from sleeping in real life is delicious. I relish my Sundays and the aimless walkabouts in the sun that seem to spin like a web around you capturing the light and the dust.

It could be Paris but the air is too dense and exhaust filled, I can imagine though that just beyond that barbedwire is the Seine if I squinch my nose and sing Edith Piaf quietly to myself.

Mmmmm wandering and having adventures that nudge you gently in and out of cafes for a cup of tea is about all I desire anyhow on my day of rest.

I can't manage to stop myself from looking up, looking down, looking all around and sometimes just closing my eyes and not looking at all.


Daylight and crisp cool breezes that make your heart curl up and cat nap are the magical mysteries of the 4 o'clock unsung hero of an hour. Wherever you may be find yourself around that bewitching dusky hour and take tea, will you?

Walking with an intention and then realizing that my sense of direction is non-existent when rambling is on the menu- well, that and some silly pants, provoked the heartiest laugh these streets have heard. Leaving the vacant streets for a bit more population and choices for dinner led me back away from Haebangcheong into Hongdae, atleast I know my metro when I loose my head and my feet in the atmosphere.


After all, as S. Williams says "I'm a star, this life's the suburbs, I commute."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Het Miss Ella teacher!


Loving the photos and travels stories....


I love you,


Dad