Tuesday, September 9, 2008

At Long Last- touched down in Tokyo photos

I figure that before I head off to China, I should atleast share a bit of Japan with you...
It's been a month or so since my return from the Land of the Rising Sun but it's still fresh in my mind...
The moment arrived on our first night, after some reggae in the park and a few wrong turns in subway stations... SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI!
Cheap, purchase by the plate ala tapas in Barcelona, delicious SUSHI!!!!

The gods were smiling as I nodded in their direction and engorged myself with delectable treats and sake... my student from last year, Keiko was kind enough to offer herself as tour guide extraordinaire and brought along her dance teacher, Aki. I love them, dearly- almost as much as the sushi.

Keiko, little Eagle and Ella Umbrella, Mama Eagle- UNITE in Tokyo! Reunited and it feels so good!
Couldn't get enough ginger and obviously, sushi... look at my plates! Yum!!!
The fire festival, one of the many dress up in yukata occassions in Japan, was occurring the night we touched down in Nippon. We were in the midst of Shibuya photo booth craziness and the girls were all dolled up in their traditional wear and their Harajuku gear too!
See the yukatas? They are quite difficult to master all by your lonesome, I found this out later...

Shibuya's famous intersection and flippin' boiling even at midnight! July heat, so hot!
Peter & Aki, finishing up the night at a Reggae bar in Shibuya- the apparent theme of the day.

I love Keiko and Keiko loves me ;-)

No comments: