Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tokyo Sunday



I don't know why but I needed to make this face having been forced into this photo op, I did my best to yuck it up
The markets, the markets near Ayumi's house in Asakusa...

Alvin, Simon and Theodore- don't finger!

mmmmmmm rice crackers!
Ayumi, Ella Umbrella, and Keiko at Asakusa Temple

Memorial near the Asakusa templegrrrrr, he couldn't keep us out though ;-)
Keiko said this was "the smart smoke" so we rubbed it into our brows

Asakusa Pagoda

And then they decided that I must be dressed in a yukata, so off we went to Ayumi's so that her grandmother could tend to my fitting... it took nearly 35 minutes to swaddled up properly!
I felt so purdy!
The markets just outside the door of Ayumi's home... like the covered long malls of Brussels or Naples, there were street food vendors and bicylces and more!
The palace entrance, in the center of Tokyo... gorgeous!
It began to rain so there was an Ella with no umbrella! And yet, I seemed to be the only one not dampened by the downpour ;-)
Peter, figuratively and literally, BIG in Japan
most precious and unplanned gift, this sunset with this skyline
city scapes and my girls frolicking in the thunder storm met by coral sun streaks
The night cap- Ayumi's family's friend's sushi house.... mmmmmmmmmm

Great day, grateful and satiated... we were carted around in a car by gracious hosts and found ourselves lost on a whirlwind tour of beauty, splendor and quirkiness. The sushi, was all we needed to put the perfect finishing touch on a perfect Tokyo Sunday!

No comments: