Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bali Bali Bali


















































Bali was such an incense soaked, mango infused, sticky heat swirl of no plan and no expectation. Good, organic, fresh fruit and raw sugary treats met my tongue. The smoke in the air from constant goddess and god offerings, temples every few inches, lush jungle, deep indigo waters, zipping scooters, water gardens, bright cyan skies, lightning streaked black nights, sunburns and palatial digs. Staying under the radar and sleeping by 10 nearly every night, I was awash in bliss and found myself dancing out into mornings with wealth in pocket and heart. Priceless trinkets were purchased for eye popping low costs and I don't know where to even begin describing everything that came with me in my suitcase. Spiders, astrologists, spirulina, Mades, Wayans, Ketuts, fire dances, bali coffee, geckos, thumb prick instruments, silk scarves and gorgeous dresses- are the words that I would use to trigger a search in my mind.

One morning, whilst in Ubud, we received a mistaken wake-up call at 4:30am and couldn't return to sleep. My bright eye- take on the the town at dawn and so we did. Roaming the vacant streets, traipsing down back alleys to find rice patties and rainbows and wet blades of grass.















We walked about 20 minutes from our Dewangga palace to the Monkey Forest and templed it up with the feisty little babies and mama monkeys. Passing out after no sleep for an hour nap, we awoke to a massage appointment and fresh flower bath. Mmmm and then on to a volcano where I found myself flying, literally and figuratively.


6 comments:

wolf said...

Oh my goddess! You are traveling the dream of my reincarnation. Love you. come home soon and lets run away to the islands. Aloha

Ella said...

Defracia? Wolf?

Anonymous said...

How were you able to get that last picture? Can you fly? Confirm my suspicions that your a witch.

Ella said...

was there ever any doubt? p.s. I'm a mermaid too! (and p.p.s. my kids colored their lunar calendar ox blue today, a little Robert inspiration)

RebeccaPeloquin.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I really love the "Best jumping picture ever" you jumping off the wall....
I'd love to crop out the wall, and see you flying in the clouds !!!!
Robert