Friday, February 29, 2008

priceless?

Why talk is cheap and so is everything else:

1) I love skype where I can talk for hours on my computer to those online at ungodly hours, FOR FREE face to face.
Cost $0

2)I got the flu that's been going around the school and went down two flights of stairs in our building to a generic doctor's office. After waiting 2 minutes, I had a 10 minute consultation where I was given a prescription for my current flu and beginning bronchitus.
Cost $10

2a)Went downstairs yet again, to the first floor and handed over my prescription to the generic pharmacist. Two minutes later I receive a bag of goodies for...
Cost $7

3)Had a kimbab (equivalent to vegetarian sushi roll with egg, rice, kim (seaweed wrap), mushrooms, carrots, spinach equivalent (something green and nutritious and steamed), and squash.
Cost $1

4)Dinner. Took out newly arrived teachers being the old vet after two weeks here. Went to 2nd floor of building to one of the many restaurants and had shabu shabu (soup with greens, udon, mushrooms) and kimchi (of course). Also urgol mobi (sp?), a delicious carrot, green onion, parsley, egg mix with rice.
Cost $3 per person

5) Bus/metro to and from SLP school (could've walked but it's snowing and I have a fever).
Cost $1.80

Life today = nearly priceless

Love it, love it, love it!

No comments: