Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Amazing Seoul Food

Over the top metro-fabulous posh dining or subtle and satiating affordable Indian, I've got your order! Check out Gorilla in the Kitchen or Everest Restaurant, for morsels and more, drool and scroll below....

Okay so don't get me wrong, I've actually come to enjoy the spicy dishes of traditional Korean Seoul food but sometimes you just want the best of something else.

Mmmmm the two favorites by far, thus far are as follows:
650 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-Gu (at the gate of Dosan Memorial Park)
T- 82.2.3442.1688
www.gorillakitchen.co.kr
Gorilla in the Kitchen, which is apparently a celebrity purchase and showcase affair- some big names here went into restauranteering much like Leo DiCaprio did with the Standard. The decor and the menu are impeccable here though! My god, I died and went to stainless steel heaven with the most mouth watering concoctions I've tasted. Sweet potato is big here and luckily it's my favorite vegetable next to avocado and cucumber. It was a part of everything I ordered and then some...
Avocado, beet, sweet potato salad... best salad in existence of planet Earth




Of course I had to have the avocado and white chestnut latte, umm yum much?! And I would've had a chocolate souffle but I think my bank account would have squirted out a little saline tear if I added that to the financial damage of the bill. Dining at Gorilla is definitely a hefty ticket, it is Gangnam-Gu after all and it's hard not to spend atleast $100 on a meal.


Back towards my side of town, where I live and prosper... a two stop metro ride or 5 minute cab, down an alley and turn right to find it beaming at you from the second floor! It's only a few blocks down from the old gates just beyond the fashion mecca and stadium of Dongdaemun.

Chongro-gu, Changshin-dong 148-1
02)766-8850 011-233-8848
www.everestfood.com



Everest Indian Restaurant, where it's always a good time to eat....
it's dinner time somewhere!




Mmm Indian in Dongdaemun at Everest Restaurant is just what the doctor ordered if you dig Bali-wood back drop music videos, cool green and glitter walls, damn good curry, and a handful of Korean Buddhist monks sitting a table away.




Best Indian food that's melted in mouths- perfectly located in the heart of Seoul. They're open relatively late and run by an entire Nepalese family who are just lovely and so is their English!

Needless to say- I have become a regular avec and sans wig, they know me and I love them!

2 comments:

compositsketch said...

yummy all around!

S said...

Hi! My cousin and I are traveling in Seoul from San Francisco and have found your blog extremely handy! We visited the Leeum museum the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Are there any other museums of the sort we should stop by during our stay? Thanks! and thanks for publishing!